← Overview Database of Innovative Social Policies in Europe
Aids to encourage the workers hiring on replacement of those who exercise their right of leave of absence of the workers to look after children).
Country of implementation
General short description of the innovation
This funding action concerns an aid for the private entities hiring workers on replacement of those who exercise their right of leave of absence of the workers to look after children.
Type of Policy
Duration of the policy
The programme started on July 2009 and is still applicable.
Scope of innovation
- Scope: Structural
- Budgets: Unspecified. Each private entity that will be beneficiary of the programme will receive 1500? for each unemployed people hired; the economic amount will be of 2000? if the hired people is woman, long term unemployed or vulnerable groups in exclusion risk.
- Number of intended beneficiaries: Unspecified
- Spatial coverage: La Rioja region
General description of (intended) objectives and strategies
The main objective is to establish an aid for the private entities that hire an unemployed people on replacement of those who exercise their right of leave of absence of the workers to look after children.
Nature of the innovation-short-term perspective
Promoting the hiring of unemployed people.
Nature of the innovation-long-term perspective
To reinforce the economic and social cohesion improving the opportunities of work and reduce the sexist segregation in in the field of employment and to reconcile work and private life.
Type of ideal-typical strategy for the innovation
Type of innovation
- new form of policy implementation/delivery
- regulations of the labour market (Regulation of people hired on replacement of the workers on leave of absence situation)
Intended target group
The hired workers must be unemployed registered as a jobseeker in the Employment Service of La Rioja, being the aid higher if the hired people is woman, long term unemployed or vulnerable groups in exclusion risk.
Working age population
- care responsibilities (care for children [0-16/16+], for elderly or other family members) (Irrelevant)
- educational level (low/medium/high) (Irrelevant)
- employment situation (unemployed)
- family situation (married/separated/single) (Irrelevant)
- income level (low/medium/high) (Unspecified)
- main source of income: social protection (Unspecified. The target group is unemployed people, with or without current benefits.)
Employers-private institutional actors
Companies from private sector
Actors involved in policy-making/implementation and/or evaluation
- regional government (: Autonomous Community of La Rioja (Ministry of Industry, Innovation and Employment; Directorate General of Training and Employment; Employment Network Service)
Clarification of the role of various actors
The competent organisms are Ministry of Industry, Innovation and Employment; Directorate General of Training and Employment; Employment Network Service. The entities of private sector are the direct aids beneficiaries
- others (Unspecified)
Did the innovation have any outcome related to job quantity?
Intended and unintended outcomes
Clarification of outcomes in terms of impacting resilience and labour market inclusion
This measure promotes the family protection and the conciliation of work and family responsibilities through supporting the hiring of people on replacement of those in leave of absence situation, making the labour markets more resilient.