← Overview Database of Innovative Social Policies in Europe
Country of implementation
General short description of the innovation
La Fageda is a Catalonian non-profit cooperative with social entrepreneurship with a set of assistance and productive activities with the aim of labour inclusion of people with mental disability or mental disorders.
Type of Policy
- private not for profit
Duration of the policy
Scope of innovation
- Scope: Structural
- Budgets: The investment has been quantified in 774 000 ?
- Number of intended beneficiaries: All people with mental disability or severe mental disorder from La Garrotxa
- Spatial coverage: Local
General description of (intended) objectives and strategies
The objective is the labour insertion of people with mental disability or severe mental disorders coming from la Garrotxa (Girona). / /
Nature of the innovation-short-term perspective
To insert all people with mental disability or severe mental disorder from the local context in the labour market
Nature of the innovation-long-term perspective
To keep the target group mentioned inside the labour market and to improve their quality of life.
Type of ideal-typical strategy for the innovation
- encompassing security
Type of innovation
- new policy, practice or measure
- services (Programmes and services for people with disabilities, assisted houses for the employers and leisure activities.)
Clarification of intended mechanisms, outputs and outcomes (optional)
All the workers (with or without disabilities) are partners and therefore owners. / /
Intended target group
People with mental disability or severe mental disorders
Working age population
- care responsibilities (care for children [0-16/16+], for elderly or other family members) (Irrelevant)
- educational level (low/medium/high) (Low)
- employment situation (unemployment)
- family situation (married/separated/single) (Irrelevant)
- main source of income: paid work
Employers-private institutional actors
Actors involved in policy-making/implementation and/or evaluation
- private not-for-profit organisations (e.g. Third Sector organisation or NGO) (La Fageda)
- job guidance, coaching and counselling
- services (La Fageda has programmes and services for people with disabilities, assisted houses for the employers and leisure activities.)
Did the innovation have any outcome related to job quantity?
In La Fageda are currently working 282 people, 163 of these with mental disability or mental disorders (58%).People with mental disability or mental disorders are included in the labour market working with people without disabilities.
Intended and unintended outcomes
100% of people with mental disability or mental disorders from La Garrotxa are employed (163 people)
Clarification of outcomes in terms of impacting resilience and labour market inclusion
La Fageda is an example of success of a social enterprise working with groups in risk of social and labour exclusion while also looks for economic feasibility and autonomy. The achieved outcomes are very relevant in terms of resilience and labour market inclusion.