← Overview Database of Innovative Social Policies in Europe
Indefinite hiring and contracts transformation of disabled workers aids, regulated by the Decree 33/2008, of April the 3rd
Country of implementation
General short description of the innovation
This policy consists of aids for companies hiring unemployed disabled people or transforming temporary contracts of this collective in indefinite ones in Cantabria.
- equal opportunities
Type of Policy
Duration of the policy
Starting on April 2008. The application term is continuously open but the deadline is one month from the hiring or the transformation of the temporary contract in indefinite one.
Scope of innovation
- Scope: Temporary
- Budgets: Total budgets unspecified. The aid for each indefinite and full-time contract is 3,907?. This amount will be proportionally reduced if is a part time contract
- Number of intended beneficiaries: Unspecified
- Spatial coverage: Regional
General description of (intended) objectives and strategies
The main objective is to enhance the labour inclusion of disabled workers in regular companies promoting their indefinite hiring, according to the Law 13/1982, of April the 7th, of disabled people, the Royal Decree 1451/1983, of May the 11th, regulating the selective employment and the disabled workers? employment enhancing measures, and the Law 43/2006, of December the 29th, for improving the growth and the employment.
Nature of the innovation-short-term perspective
Giving aids to the companies hiring disabled people or transforming temporary contracts in indefinite ones.
Nature of the innovation-long-term perspective
The labour inclusion and stability of disabled workers in regular companies with indefinite contracts
Type of ideal-typical strategy for the innovation
- encompassing security
Type of innovation
- retrenchment or expansion of an existing/earlier policy
- services (Promoting the labour inclusion of disabled workers)
Intended target group
Unemployed disabled people or disabled people working with temporary contracts.
Working age population
- employment situation (The beneficiaries may be unemployed or employed with temporary contracts)
- main source of income: paid work
- main source of income: social protection (The beneficiaries can be receiving unemployment or disability benefits or having no incomes.)
Employers-private institutional actors
Employers hiring disabled people or changing temporary contracts in indefinite ones.
Actors involved in policy-making/implementation and/or evaluation
- regional government (Employment and Social Welfare Department of Cantabria and the Employment Promotion Service)
- others (Non assessed)
Did the innovation have any outcome related to job quantity?
Intended and unintended outcomes
Clarification of outcomes in terms of impacting resilience and labour market inclusion
This policy is addressed to include disabled people in the labour market through indefinite contracts.