← Overview Database of Innovative Social Policies in Europe
Adaptation of work places for disabled workers aids, regulated by the Decree 33/2008, of April the 3rd
Country of implementation
General short description of the innovation
This policy is a complementary one of the indefinite hiring and contracts transformation of disabled workers aids and consists of an aid to the companies that took part in the complementary policy. The aid must be addressed to: / - Adaptation of the working environment / - Personal protection equipment to avoid labour accidents of disabled people / - Resources to remove barriers or obstacles impeding or complicating the disabled people?s work
- equal opportunities
Type of Policy
Duration of the policy
Starting on April 2008. The application must be presented together with the indefinite hiring or transformation of temporary contracts in indefinite ones aids application. The adaptation made bill must be presented maximum one month after the indefinite contract or transformation.
Scope of innovation
- Scope: Temporary
- Budgets: Total budgets unspecified. The aid for each applicant is 901.52? maximum per each disabled worker.
- Number of intended beneficiaries: Unspecified
- Spatial coverage: Regional
General description of (intended) objectives and strategies
The main objective is to achieve the disabled workers full inclusion in the labour market through adapted labour environments for disabled workers.
Nature of the innovation-short-term perspective
Giving aids to the companies to adapt the labour environments to the specific needs of disabled workers.
Nature of the innovation-long-term perspective
The full inclusion of disabled workers in regular companies
Type of ideal-typical strategy for the innovation
- encompassing security
Type of innovation
- retrenchment or expansion of an existing/earlier policy
- services (Promoting the labour inclusion of disabled workers)
Intended target group
Unemployed disabled people or disabled people working with temporary contracts.
Working age population
- employment situation (The beneficiaries may be unemployed or employed with temporary contracts)
- main source of income: paid work
- main source of income: social protection (The beneficiaries can be receiving unemployment or disability benefits or having no incomes.)
Employers-private institutional actors
Employers hiring disabled people or changing temporary contracts in indefinite ones.
Actors involved in policy-making/implementation and/or evaluation
- regional government (Employment and Social Welfare Department of Cantabria and the Employment Promotion Service)
- others (Non assessed)
Did the innovation have any outcome related to job quantity?
Intended and unintended outcomes
Clarification of outcomes in terms of impacting resilience and labour market inclusion
This policy is addressed to include disabled people in ordinary companies through the adaptation of working environments to their special needs.