← Overview Database of Innovative Social Policies in Europe
Pilot Project ?Gateway Labour Market? (Pforte Arbeitsmarkt)
Country of implementation
General short description of the innovation
One single job center has been created that brings the regional PES, social assistance and disability offices together under one single roof and establishes one single work-focused gateway for people claiming either unemployment insurance, social assistance or disability benefits. The creation of the single gateway has gone together with a reorganization of the individual support offered to benefit claimants based on their employability rather than benefit status, the integration of all portfolios of ALMPs, and the creation of one specific employer service. / / To keep the focus on work, the task of benefit payment remains performed separately outside the new job center.
Type of Policy
Duration of the policy
2012-2015 (with the possibility of extension for a further four years if first results are promising)
Scope of innovation
- Scope: temporary
- Budgets: about 2.4 mios CHF ? 2 million Euros - for the first three-year time period.
- Number of intended beneficiaries: about 1500 benefit claimants each year.
- Spatial coverage: regional
General description of (intended) objectives and strategies
The objective is to pool together all work-related resources under one single roof so as to reinforce the work orientation of all benefit schemes, and provide jobless benefit claimants with a work-focused support that is based on their needs rather than their benefit status. Ultimately, the objective is to reduce social expenditures by facilitating transitions back into work as well as removing the inefficiencies and service duplications that prevail in a fragmented activation system.
Nature of the innovation-long-term perspective
strong, institutional change
Type of innovation
- new form of partnership or cooperation
- new form of policy implementation/delivery
- job guidance, coaching and/or counselling (has been reorganized based on individual needs and employability rather than benefit status)
- services (reorganization of the Public Employment Service and the portfolios of ALMPs offered to jobless benefit claimants)
Intended target group
Benefit claimants of working age
Working age population
- main source of income: social protection (Unemployment insurance, social assistance or diability benefits)
Employers-private institutional actors
regional employers are one target of the job center, via the creation of one special employers? service unit.
Actors involved in policy-making/implementation and/or evaluation
- agency or national social insurance body
- municipal government
- regional government
- job guidance, coaching and counselling (has been redefined based on individual needs and employability rather than benefit status)
- subsidies/tax-credits (reorganization of the Public Employment Service and the portfolios of ALMPs offered to jobless benefit claimants)
Did the innovation have any outcome related to job quantity?
more job vacancies announced to the job centersincreased number of new disability benefit claims. (unintended)