← Overview Database of Innovative Social Policies in Europe
Reduced administrative barriers to labour access for F permits (persons admitted on a temporary basis).
Country of implementation
General short description of the innovation
The new federal law on foreigners (LEtr, 1st of January 2008) aimed at diminishing administrative barriers to employers hiring people admitted on a temporary basis (holding an F permit) in order to facilitate the labour market access for these people.
- equal opportunities
Type of Policy
Duration of the policy
In force since 1st of January 2008
Scope of innovation
- Scope: structural
- Budgets: none
- Number of intended beneficiaries: potentially between 23?000 and 25?000 people (holding an F permit in Switzerland)
- Spatial coverage: national
General description of (intended) objectives and strategies
In order to facilitate the labour market integration of foreigners admitted on a temporary basis, the new federal law on foreigners diminished administrative barriers for employers hiring them.
Nature of the innovation-short-term perspective
moderate institutional change
Nature of the innovation-long-term perspective
moderate programmatic change
Type of innovation
- new policy, practice or measure
- regulations of the labour market (less administrative hindrance to employ a person holding an F permit )
Intended target group
Employers hiring people holding an F permit
Employers-private institutional actors
employers hiring people holding an F permit
Actors involved in policy-making/implementation and/or evaluation
- agency or national social insurance body (Federal migration office)
- central state (as the law making body)
- regulation of the labour market (less administrative hindrance to employ a person holding an F permit, allowing a diminished structural hindrance for this group)
Did the innovation have any outcome related to job quantity?
even though the aim is to increase the labour market integration of people admitted on a temporary basis, the actual impact so far is very small as not many more people holding an F permit accessed the labour market after this law came into force
Intended and unintended outcomes
Very low, however no exact figures.